Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 24 Blues under blue skies

There isn't a single cloud in the sky today. But it's after 4 p.m. and I haven't left the house at all today. I've sat in the courtyard and worked on my novel.

How is it possible to feel -- well, flat, as housemate Frances calls feeling down -- when the sky is so very blue?

In a little while the four of us will be taking the bus to Lecce. We're going to go and visit a few art galleries (two of my housemates are painters, and one is a photographer) and then have dinner somewhere in the city. We've arranged for a neighbour, Rosario, to come pick us up at 11p.m. so we don't have to hurry to catch the last bus back to Martignano.

Maybe the change of scene will awake my my senses. It seems wrong to be turning inward when there is so much beauty around.


Scenes from Lecce's centro storico (historic centre)



No comments:

Post a Comment